Sunday, November 7, 2010

Some random thoughts from the kitchen.......

You must be wondering what I do all the time. Does my mind really work like this? Well …. it does. Is that scary or what?

As I was getting ready for Sunday dinner, I had some thoughts about serving and preparing your Holiday dinner, or any dinner for that matter; consider this:

· Consider the size of your servings. Not just how many people you’re planning on feeding, but on the ease with which your friends and family can eat the results of your hard work. Think bite size. I was preparing fresh green beans and, instinctively, I was tossing the beans into the pan when I realized how much easier they’d be to eat if I gave them a little chop. Walla! Bite size pieces. So much more user friendly.

· If you’re serving a crowd and you’re not sure if you’ll have enough to go around, there are a couple of options available to you. Reduce the size of your serving spoon. This will force your guests to take smaller portions.

Now, some of you might be saying to your selves, that “Bob”, your brother-in-law will just take 4 spoonfuls. There is a solution to this problem, adapt the same protocol that ships have, “women and children first”. “Bob” can go last and have what ever’s left over. Problem solved.

Just some random thoughts from the kitchen .... have a great day!

No comments: